Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, New Independant States, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
New independent states: Serbia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The objective of this call for proposals is to promote and support democracy and human rights worldwide allowing for assistance that will contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law, and respects for all human rights and fundamental freedoms
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support civil society and human rights defenders in third countries in working on human rights and democratization
– Supporting gender equality
– Supporting the rights of the child, the rights of minorities, of persons with disabilities
– Supporting and protecting human rights defenders
– Supporting freedom of expression and freedom of beliefs
– Supporting CSOs’ actions
– Campaigns against torture and other inhuman, cruel or degrading treatments
– Support for the structure and operation of trade unions
– Fostering social dialogue and mechanisms aiming at facilitating exchange of opinions
– Supporting cultural, social and economic rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination
Among financed actions
– Promotion of the implementation of adopted laws and regulations
– Advocacy for the revision of the existing legislation and adoption of new ones in accordance with EU standards
– Establishment of a dialogue with the political sphere
– Monitoring activities
– Awareness-raising campaigns
– Facilitating contact, discussion and consultation between different stakeholders
– Conferences, workshops, roundtables and seminars