Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to promote and support democracy and human rights worldwide allowing for assistance that will contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law, and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms, within the framework of the Community’s policy on development cooperation, and economic, ﬁnancial and technical cooperation with third countries, and consistent with the EU’s foreign policy as a whole.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to support civil society and human rights defenders in third countries in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation.
Among financed actions
– promotion of the implementation of the adopted laws and regulations
– advocacy for the revision of the existing legislation and adoption of the new ones in accordance with the EU standards and requirements
– establishment of dialogue with “political society” (e.g. with political parties, groups of parliamentarians or legislative bodies).
– monitoring activities, for example in the context of the accession process, as well as in monitoring of international commitments
– non-discrimination and effective mechanisms for monitoring all forms of discrimination based on gender, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, and sexual orientation
– drafting of policy or legislation recommendations
– public awareness raising campaigns