Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Asia: Sri Lanka
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy, the rule of law and respect for all fundamental rights and freedoms in Sri Lanka.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote the rights of women, children, elderly, persons with disabilities and the vulnerable in all areas of governance
– To enhance the national and grass roots efforts towards reconciliation, stimulating ethnic relations, and religious tolerance, while also promoting the rights of vulnerable groups.
– To promote freedom of expression and association through free and independent media
Among financed actions
– Activities for strengthening existing civil society platforms, networks and coalitions
– Joint activities with public institutions and parliamentary bodies
– Cultural activities and events
– Meetings, seminars and round table dialogues