Sectors: Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights and democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests and in consolidating political participation and representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Capacity-building for human rights CSOs with the aim to enable them to actively contribute to the promotion and protection of human rights through monitoring, reporting, networking and coordination; joint advocacy and legal reform initiatives
– Enhancing human rights culture, human rights education, civic and voter education and democratic rights and citizenship
– Supporting and protecting those who are victims or are most at risk of human rights violations including victims of armed conflict and violence, torture and other forms of ill-treatment, sexual and gender-based violence, arbitrary arrest and detention etc.
– Enhancement of political, civil, economic, social and / or cultural rights and support the
realization of the rights of women, children, youth and people with disabilities etc.
Among financed actions
– Actions to build and develop the organisational, technical and operational capacities of human rights organizations, including human rights
– Actions to improve the capacity of the civil society to monitor and document human rights
violations, as well as actions relating to the adoption, ratification, and implementation of the country’s constitutional, regional and international human rights commitments
– Actions to collect and analyse data, information (statistics) on human rights, including the
development of surveys, mappings, studies, assessments, observatories, early warning systems
– Actions to develop legislative and administrative environments more favourable to the development of human rights organisations and the respect of human rights and fundamental freedoms