Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Health, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support civil society in Suriname in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural) and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
– To build towards consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy
– To enhance political representation and participation
– To enhance the inclusiveness and pluralism of civil society
– To support activities aimed at promoting the issues covered by EU guidelines on Human Rights
– The promotion of equal rights for all and the fight against discrimination
– The promotion of the rights of women and children; including support in countering domestic violence and trafficking in persons
– The defence of the rights of victims of abuses by state agents and the fight against impunity of perpetrators
– The rehabilitation and reinsertion of people held in detention
– The promotion of democratic participation by all citizens and, in particular, the development of the oversight capacity of civil society organisations towards state actors and policies to improve accountability and transparency
Among financed actions
– Actions aiming at promoting human rights and monitoring their application
– Advocacy and support programmes for organisations defending the rights of individuals subject to discrimination on any ground
– Activities to reduce domestic and sexual violence, support groups, provision of shelters
– Advocacy for the reform of prisons and the rehabilitation of inmates notably through the support of rehabilitation and reinsertion programmes