Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms within the framework of the Community’s policy on development cooperation and economic, financial and technical cooperation with Tajikistan, consistent with the European Union’s foreign policy as a whole
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support civil society and human rights defenders in Tajikistan in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation.
Human Rights Defenders
– support, protection and defence of human rights defenders;
– actions against torture and other cruel, inhumane or degrading treatment or punishment;
Promotion of Human Rights:
– support and strengthening of national and international framework for the protection of human rights; concerted civil society monitoring of national and international commitments;
– promotion of the freedom of religion and belief;
– access to justice and the rule of law;
– support to gender equality (women’s rights, women in decision-making, right to participate in peace-building and reconstruction processes, fight against violence, etc.);
– protection of the social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination, such as women, children, migrants and the rights of persons belonging to ethnic minorities.
Promotion of the development of a democratic political culture:
– promotion of freedom of association and political pluralism;
– promotion of freedom of expression, namely support of independent media (both online/offline) and strengthening the role of media in the promotion of human rights.
Among financed actions
– Strengthening of existing civil society platforms, networks and coalitions, including building of information sharing mechanisms;
– Public advocacy and legal support;
– Drafting of policy or legislation recommendations;
– Training and capacity-building on advocacy, lobbying, litigation, strategies of change, research, monitoring, documenting and reporting about violations of human rights and impunity;
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between civil society and national or local public institutions;
– Collection of data and research-based activities;