Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support civil society and human rights defenders in third countries in working on human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Pursuing common agendas for human rights and democratic reform
– Building consensus on disputed or controversial areas of policy
Among financed actions
– Activities supporting protection and defence of human rights defenders
– Activities to implement the prevention, prohibition of the Torture Law in Uganda
– Activities aiming to build the capacity of communities to prevent, mitigate and resolve
– Activities aiming to protect social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination, such as the poor, women, children, indigenous peoples, PWDs and persons belonging to ethnic minorities