Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union, Mediterranean countries, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of the Country-Based Support Scheme (CBSS) allocation in Palestine is to specifically strengthen the role of Palestinian civil society (CS) in the promotion and monitoring of human rights to increase the ownership of the local NGOs and support their own initiatives as to build their project management capacities as well as their capacities in promoting human rights and democracy
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support other EU Human Rights Priorities
– To support democracy
– Promoting and protecting the rights of the vulnerable groups (in particular children, women victims of violence, disabled and the elderly) and the principle of non-discrimination
– Promoting respect for international human rights and humanitarian law (IHL) through observance, monitoring and advocacy actions
– Ensuring respect for human rights fundamental freedoms (Freedoms of Association/Assembly and expression)
– Promoting effective reporting and implementation of international agreements, instruments and commitments to which Palestine has acceded, including inclusive capacity building initiatives
Among financed actions
– Seminars, workshops, conferences
– Advocacy and lobbying
– Awareness raising activities
– Elaboration of publications