Sectors: Citizenship, Culture - Media, Environment, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Country based support schemes (CBSS) Guyana – 2020
Funds for: increasing the capacity and participation of local civil society organisations in processes aimed at strengthening governance in Guyana, with a focus on bridging gaps between the hinterland and coastal populations as well as between other groups
Priorities and funded actions:
* Promoting increased dialogue between ethnic and cultural groups in order to contribute to bridge the ethnic gaps between them;
* Strengthening democratic participation and inclusion of hinterland citizens in national decision–making processes;
* Addressing issues of marginalization of hinterland communities (can include cooperation with local leaders and authorities);
* Tackling the issue of Trafficking in Persons through policy and legislative reforms;
* Combatting illegal exploitation of natural resources that is damaging to conservation and protected areas, ecosystems, biodiversity and waterways through enhanced legislative/policy and decision-making processes
* Proposals are expected to be gender-sensitive or responsive, in keeping with the EU’s gender mainstreaming priorities as well as with the 2030 SDG goals (SDG 5);
* It is expected that actions resulting from this call allow measuring progress performance and achievements through data collection (including sex disaggregated), as it relates to the EU’s human rights priorities and the SDG 2030 agenda
Amongst financed actions
* Activities engaging and including hinterland communities, in particular indigenous peoples, in consultations and dialogue on key developmental issues affecting their villages. These can include issues concerning cultural preservation, land governance and exploitation of natural resources, in particular sub-surface minerals (mining) and forest resources;
* Activities aiming at promotingsocial and economic rights of hinterland citizens, especially indigenous communities. These can include poverty reduction, sustainable livelihoods, sustainable management of forest resources, sustainable tourism practices;
* Activities addressing human rights violations in mining districts. These can include problematic ties to trafficking in persons, sex workers’ rights, violence against women and girls, teenage pregnancy, sexual exploitation of children;
* Activities intended to sensitize, raise awareness of, and engage beneficiaries in the sustainable management of natural resources with the aim to preserve the environment and/or combat climate change. These can include mangroves preservation, forest and protected areas conservation, marine and wildlife protection, biodiversity protection and/or responsible waste management;
* Activities seeking to promote national unity by addressing ethnic relations, with the aim of bridging gaps existing between different ethnic and cultural groups throughout the Country. These can include addressing stereotypes, taboos, cultural and political fallacies, and/or cultural sensitivities.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal person or a natural person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation as defined by Article 43 of the rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or in country where action is taken (Guyana) (This obligation does not apply to international organisations);
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
– Be able to demonstrate to have implemented activities in the priority areas
* Actions must take place in the following country: Guyana