Sectors: Health, Human Rights, Information
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
EU Member States
Republic of Serbia
Other countries eligible under this instrument
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Country based support schemes (CBSS) Republic of Serbia – 2020
Funds for: supporting and strengthening civil society organisations, democracy activists and human rights defenders working on critical human rights and democracy issues in third countries
Priorities and funded actions:
* Support to human rights and human rights defenders most at risk;
* Support to other EU human rights priorities in line with the set of EU human rights guidelines adopted by the Council of the European Union
* Awareness-raising of the importance of human rights in responses to the COVID-19 crisis and similar emergency situations
Among financed actions
* Strengthening the role of civil society in promoting human rights and good governance in Serbia, especially in awareness-raising of the importance of human rights in responses to the COVID-19 crisis and similar emergency situations;
* Supporting gender equality (women’s rights, fight against violence, women in decision-making, right to participate in peace-building and reconstruction processes, etc.);
* Support for protection of social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups affected by economic and social consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic and similar emergency situations, including but not limited to the elderly, women, children, people in unregistered employment, persons with disabilities, Roma, migrants, refugees and the rights of persons belonging to minorities
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 12 and 36 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a specific type of organisation such as: civil society organisations, including non-governmental organisations;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union or any country, as all are eligible for participation in contracts financed under this Instrument, without prejudice to the limitations inherent in the nature and objectives of the action;
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary;
– In case the lead applicant is not established in Serbia, it must act with at least one co-applicant that is established in Serbia
* Actions must take place in the Republic of Serbia