Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to strengthen the role of civil society in promoting human rights, civic freedoms and democratic reform in Kazakhstan.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To enhance the respect for freedom of speech and access to information for journalists in Kazakhstan
– To enhance the respect for freedom of religion and belief as well as support for interreligious dialogue
– To enhance the freedom of association and the freedom of assembly, in particular through strengthening the role of civil society in democratic reform, in supporting the peaceful conciliation of group interests, and in consolidating political participation and representation
– To support actions in areas covered by the EU Guidelines on human rights defenders
– Promote journalism as a public good in the service of all citizens, including through wide-ranging and inclusive public debates
– Support NGOs in areas covered by the EU Guidelines on the promotion and protection of freedom of religion and belief
– Empowering independent CSOs and offering them the tools to further develop and thrive
Among financed actions
– Activities for strengthening existing civil society platforms, networks and coalitions, including the building of information sharing mechanisms
– Activities for the institutionalisation of consultation mechanisms between civil society and national or local public institutions
– Monitoring and watchdog activities
– Advocacy campaigns
– Awareness raising and public communication activities