Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Corporations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, SMEs, Training centres, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Countries: Jamaica and Belize
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role played by civil society organizations in Jamaica and Belize in promoting Human rights and democracy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– The promotion of equal rights for all including the defence of victims of abuse and the fight against discrimination based on any grounds and, in particular, discrimination against vulnerable groups based on gender, social origin, disability, sexual orientation or indigenous origin;
– The protection of women’s rights especially against sexual and gender-based (or intimate partner) violence and marginalisation (the rights of indigenous women are also included), and the prevention of sexual, physical and emotional abuse of children and youth through gender-sensitive, behavioural change and psycho-social support;
– The promotion of initiatives relating to conflict resolution, mediation or alternative dispute resolution aimed at violence intervention/prevention at community level;
– The rehabilitation and reintegration of people held in custodial care, including children and youth.
Among financed actions
– Advocacy and dialogue with stakeholders, government organisations, the media etc.
– Activities with public institutions and/or international organisations;
– Investigations into contraventions of Human rights;
– Support to groups working with persons in priority areas;
– Support for monitoring, complaint investigation and redress mechanisms;