Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the respect for fundamental rights and the consolidation of the rule of law in Lao PDR.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the role and capacity of local civil society organisations in promoting political, civil, economic, social and cultural rights.
– Enhance and promote the participation and inclusion of civil society organisations in Lao PDR in policy dialogue and build their capacity to actively contribute and ensure that fundamental rights are taken into account in the formulation and implementation of national strategies and sector policies;
– Improve knowledge about fundamental rights as well as economic, social and cultural rights in Lao PDR through research and analysis, and/or raise awareness of Lao citizens regarding rights and access to the justice system and/or legal aid/education;
– Promote and protect the social, economic and cultural rights7 of Lao citizens, especially for groups particularly vulnerable to discrimination, such as the poor, women, children, indigenous peoples, migrants and persons belonging to minorities, in particular in relation with the key areas of EU cooperation in Laos (i.e. education and nutrition).
Among financed actions
– Promote an effective dialogue and better interaction between civil society organisations and the Lao PDR authorities (at central and local levels) on human rights issues, including international conventions and in particular on children and women’s rights;
– Support research activities (including data-collection) to improve knowledge-base on fundamental rights issues and thereby contribute to enhanced and better informed discourse including awareness raising activities on fundamental rights issues in Lao PDR and in particular on children and women’s rights;
– Encourage respect, participation, representation and empowerment of vulnerable or underrepresented groups in Lao PDR;