Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals aims to contribute to development and consolidation of democracy and the rule of law, as well as respect of human rights and fundamental freedoms under the European Union’s cooperation policy in development to Madagascar.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To strengthen civil society and allow it to contribute to promotion and protection of human rights in Madagascar
* Implementing recommendations of the UN Human Rights Council accepted by Malagasy authorities as part of the universal periodic assessment of November 2014
* Raising awareness and improving understanding by traditional communities issues related to human rights, especially promotion of mechanisms of protection and application of those rights
Among financed actions
* Awareness campaign
* Lobbying actions
* Awareness advocacy of institutions on promotion and protection of human rights
* Implementation of innovative actions in promotion of human rights