Sectors: Education - Training, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to contribute to the respect for fundamental rights and the consolidation of the rule of law in Malaysia.
Priorities and funded actions:
– The specific objective is to strengthen the role and capacity of local civil society organisations in promoting political, civil, economic, social and cultural rights
– Enhance and promote equality and non-discrimination in the enjoyment of all human rights by decriminalising and abolish discriminatory laws and policies existing in Malaysia;
– Encourage Malaysia to ratify the remaining core human rights conventions and to lift any relevant reservations to these instruments
Among financed actions
– Training and capacity-building on advocacy, lobbying, litigation, strategies of change, researching, monitoring, documenting and reporting about equality, violence against women and legal reform and enforcement linked to gender equality ;
– Encourage respect, participation, representation and empowerment of women in Malaysia in line with the EU Gender Action Plan II;
– Promote an effective dialogue and better interaction between civil society organisations and the Malaysian authorities (at central and local levels) on the ratification of core human rights conventions in particular on the convention against torture and the convention for the elimination of all forms of racial discrimination as well as the remaining reservations to core human rights treaties