Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
– SADC member state
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to empower civil society organisations on the ground and support their efforts to advance and defend democracy and human rights as well as consolidate their role as actors for positive change.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support for civil society actions aimed at promoting capacity building, awareness raising and advocacy on democracy and human rights education in the country;
– Support for civil society organisations’ activities on electoral support such as civic and voter education, dialogue and training for political actors, post-election monitoring, including following up on the recommendations formulated by Electoral Observation Missions, as well as constructive engagement in public debates after the election to further strengthen good governance and accountability;
– Protection and promotion of the political, social, economic and cultural rights, especially for groups vulnerable to discrimination, such as women, children, immigrants, people living with albinism and persons living with disabilities;
– Initiatives to enhance universal access to justice and the rule of law particularly for the poor and vulnerable groups on such issues as land rights, forced evictions, etc.
Among financed actions
– Advocacy , awareness raising on democracy, civic education and human rights education;
– Capacity building and empowerment activities of under-represented and or marginalised grouping like children, people living with albinism, people living with disabilities, migrants, minorities;
– Activities targeting electoral support.