Sectors: Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to contribute to the strengthening of Civil society organisations (CSOs) in Ecuador, aiming at reducing inequalities and poverty, as well as promoting and protecting democracy and human rights.
This call for proposals is composed of two distinct Lots, each lot has specific objectives and priorities. LOT 1 refers to the CSO programme and LOT 2 to the EIDHR.
Priorities and funded actions:
– The global objective for this Lot 1 is to strengthen the role of civil society as an actor od governance, financial transparency and promotion of a sustainable and inclusive growth.
– The global objective of Lot 2 is to support civil society and human rights defenders (political, civil, economic, social and cultural rights) linked to the sectors of human rights and promotion of democracy.
– Support the strengthening of participative democracy and CSOs’ capacities to influence and oversee development processes, implementation and evaluation of public policies at national and local level. Should be included, the coordination of other actors and the promotion of dialogue and compromise as tools of political management, democratic governance and responsible citizenship.
– Implement and promote collaboration between CSOs and the academic community in Ecuador in order to build common capacities that will facilitate the inquiry and participation of CSOs in development processes and public policies at national and local level.
– Promote and strengthen the participation, empowerment and capacities of CSOs to follow the implementation and overseeing processes of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including the definition of indicators linked to the SDGs.
– Promote and support sustainable and innovating initiatives, for local socio-economic development, that respect the environment and adapt to the needs of the most vulnerable populations, strengthening at the same time the capacities of the CSOs involved.
– Supply to the most urgent needs of human rights defenders, for example a short or mid term help that will allow human rights defenders the achievement of their goals, paying special attention to the needs and challenges they face, including new challenges, with a priority to those outside of the city or in remote areas.
– Promote the active, informed and strategic participation of civil society – and strengthen its capacities – to interact with human rights protection mechanisms, regional and international, such as: alternative reports and briefing to the Committtees, participation to the Universal periodic review, dynamic dialogue with the Special Procedures and follow up on the recommendations made by Ecuador on the mentionned mechanisms.
– Promote the struggle against all forms of violence, considering violence as a form of discimination against women, children, indigenous people, the LGBT community, migrants and others.
Among financed actions
– Promotion and creation of reflective spaces for CSOs on their role in society and with respect to the public sector
– Forums, seminars, experience exchanges, creation of national and regional alliances to promote the mechanisms strengthening the role of CSOs in the decision-making process of public policy.
– Gathering knowledge and experiences of CSOs with the aim to influence the design, implementation and monitoring of public policies, to support plans and strategies, art a national and sub-national level, based on practical experience.
– Legal expertise (including free) for CSOs and Human rights defenders exposed to legal procedures originationg in their actions to defend human rights
– Protection measures for Human rights defenders (including through the financing of third parties)
– Specific actions aiming at strengthening the dialogue and negociation capacities of CSOs and Human rights defenders.