Sectors: Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support CSO’s capacity building actions involving development and improvement of populations’ living conditions and it has to contribute to consolidation of democracy and the rule of law, as well as all human rights and fundamental freedoms respect.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Specific objective 1 for lot 1: to promote local sustainable economic and social development, through actions lead by groups of Mauritanian CSOs with Local Authorities (LA) and/or local plans of development.
– Specific objective 2 for lot 2 : to implement capacity building, structuring, networking and funding actions for CSOs so that they can act in favor of social cohesion.
– Specific objectiv 3 for lot 3 : to promote the fight against slavery and its after-effects and the fight against forced or unpaid work.
– Specific objective 4 for lot 4: to improve detentions conditions and prison conditions as well as reintegration of former prisoners.
Among financed activities
– CSOs’ capacity building
– actions aiming at increasing populations inclusion to the development process and to social negociations
– actions aiming at strenghtening participatory consultative bodies of development actors
– improvement of access to basic services for the most disadvantaged populations
– to promote the emergence of the civil society in a specified geographical area and encourage its effective participation to public affairs
– to promote the emergence of the civil society in a specific intervention sector and to encourage its effective participation to public affairs
Lot 3 :
– to promote and contribute to the implementation of the international and regional framework to fight against slavery or forced labour practices
– design and distribution of effective outreach tools for the dissemination of legal texts linked to the slavery topic in the national languages
– legal assistance for the victims of slavery and forced work in their actions to obtain compensation
– medical care, psychotherapy and other psychiatric assistance
– advocacy, data collect and dissemination to public authorities on slavery practices, its after-effects or forced work
– design and implementation contribution of an adapted prison policy with the public authorities
– medical care, psychotherapy and other psychiatric assistance for prisoners
– advocacy, data collect and dissemination and development of adapted tools in order to improve conditions of detention in Mauritania
– organisation of trainings or activities aiming at reintegration such as literacy
– promotion and implementation of alternative measures to detention for minors
– promotion of social reintegration activities for prisoners and supervised economic activities