Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Environment, Health, Human Rights, Innovation, Justice - Security, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objectives of this call for proposals are to support the actions of civil society organizations and local authorities, as actors of governance, contributing to the development and improvement of the living conditions of the populations; And to contribute to the consolidation of democracy and the rule of law and respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms; In line with the EU’s foreign policy as a whole.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Promote sustainable local economic and social development, through actions by consortia of Mauritanian CSOs in liaison with local authorities and / or local development plans;
– Implement actions to accompany Mauritanian level CSOs in order to strengthen their capacities, structuring, networking and financing capacity while ensuring the continuity of the achievements of the European Program for Civil Society and Culture (PESCC) and working towards social cohesion and citizenship education for men, women, young people and children;
– Support Local Authorities Associations (LAAs) a) as actors of local governance and local participatory democracy; (B) as stakeholders for the promotion of inclusive and sustainable growth; C) to develop the territorial approach to local development;
– Implement actions that integrate the rights-based approach of human rights organizations to (i) preventing all forms of violence against girls and women, including (FGM), (ii) protection and support for victims, and (iii) the prosecution of perpetrators of such violations through advocacy, advocacy, data collection, development or strengthening the legal framework and its effective implementation, as well as the establishment of guardianship systems and the defense of physical and psychological integrity
Among financed actions
– Capacity building of CSOs;
– Environmental protection, waste management;
– Promotion of partnerships with civil society organizations, the private sector;
– Prevention of violence etc.