Sectors: Co-op & Development, Local development
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Economic Area, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Other country: Mozambique
* For lot 1 : worldwide
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR/DCI – Growth and pluralism – 2020
Funds for: promoting pluralism and sustainable and inclusive growth
Priorities and funded actions:
* To promote pluralism and sustainable and inclusive growth;
* To broaden citizens’ participation in the process of good governance and contribute to the empowerment of girls and young people with a view to sustainable and inclusive growth
* Lot 1: Promotion of pluralism, “Business and Human Rights” (EIDHR)
– Strengthen representative democracy by focusing on the coexistence of various political and social movements as well as on the links between parliaments, elected representatives and citizens
* Lot 2: Sustainable and inclusive growth (CSO):
– Implement greater education and civic input from young people along with new initiatives for job creation, including self-employment;
– Reduce the risks of socio-political exclusion of young people
Among financed actions
* Lot 1
– Support links between the government, elected institutions and citizens by increasing citizens’ participation in governance, promoting a culture of transparency, separation of powers and fundamental freedoms of expression, association and assembly;
– Implementation of the legal and international framework for protection against human rights abuses by third parties;
– Promoting corporate responsibility and victims’ access to judicial and non-judicial resources
* Lot 2
– Support social audits and dialogue with institutions providing basic services;
– Provide legal support, provide mechanisms for citizens to monitor;
– Promote the participation of young people and communities to take an active role in conflict prevention;
– Develop the skills of young people and income-generating activities;
– In the framework of climate change:
> Raise community awareness of climate change issues;
> Promote the involvement of local actors in climate action;
> Reconstruction and clean energy production;
– Enable the use of comprehensive data and information available through research programmes and institutions to support evidence-based decisions that take into account the state of the climate
* This call for proposal is an open call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: 60 months
– Be a legal person;
– Be non-profit-making;
– Be a civil society organisation;
– Be established in a Member State of the European Union, or in a Member State of the European Economic Area or in Mozambique;
– For lot 1 there are no geographical restrictions.
– Actions must take place in Mozambique