Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society and human rights defenders in promoting democracy and fundamental rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To provide assistance and protection in the medium and long-term to human rights defenders
– To build the capacity of civil society
Among financed actions
– Training and building the capacity in activities such as the promotion of human rights, research, monitoring and communication
– Seminars, exchange of experiences
– Building of national and local alliances to promote mechanisms aiming at strengthening the role of civil society organizations in promoting human rights
– Building the capacity of social networks, public operators and political leaders
– Monitoring and systemization of the social audit process
– Research, studies, opinion surveys
– Information and awareness-raising campaigns
– Free legal aid to organizations and human rights defenders