Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Humanitarian
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Central America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Central America : El Salvador
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to promote the protection of human rights and strengthen democracy in El Salvador.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Strengthen civil society and defenders of human rights in order to support the defense and protection of human rights and strengthening of democracy
– Support to the defenders of human rights : strengthen the capacities of defenders of human rights working at the promotion and defense of the rights of vulnerable groups, particularly women, children, youths, migrants, internally displaced people, indigenous people, LGBT minorities and individuals suffering from a handicap.
– Strengthening of democratic culture : promote the participation of civil society in the definition, monitoring and accounting of public policies, especially the policies linked to civil, economic, political and social rights of citizens and the accountability of these policies.
Among financed actions
– Actions aiming at the strengthening of capacities for civil society organisations working at the promotion and defense of economic, social, cultural and environmental rights.
– Actions aiming at raising awareness of the public opinion on the work and role of human rights defenders.
– Actions providing full protection (legal, psychosocial, temporary relocation, etc.) of threathened or endangered human rights defenders.
– Integral actions articulating political dialogue processes on human rights promotion and monitoring.
– Lobbying actions.
– Actions aiming at the strengthening of local and national networks of organisations trying to find common positions ans establishing a multisectorial dialogues.
– Actions of citizen education on human rights and democracy.
– Actions promoting freedom of speech, fight against impunity and prejudices.
– Promoting political participation and dialogue mecanisms on key issues of human rights and democratic reform.