Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP countries : Gabon
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective for this call for proposals is to supply direct support to CSOs to enhance and strengthen their role in the electoral process through the promotion of democratic values, plural political dialogue and citizen participation in the gabonese community.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Train involved citizens and electoral observers and support their actions, actions implemented independently and democratically, in the gabonese electoral process.
– Establish and develop OSCs’ strategy and supervision actions of the electoral process
– Conceive and implement an electoral education and awareness raising campaign based on democratic dialogue principles before the 2016 presidential election
– Establish and host/participate workshops on themes linked to the 2016 elections with all stakeholders – including meetings held by the independent national electoral commission
– Aimed advocacy on awareness raising of the elections at every step of the electoral process at local level
– Promote and facilitate participation of women, young adults and other discriminated segments of the population, particularly in remote rural areas, all along the electoral cycle
Among financed actions
– Enhance coordination of actions and networking between stakeholders operating in the strengthening of OSCs’ role in the supervision and scrutiny of electoral processes and promotion of civic and electoral education
– Enhance democratic dialogue in gabonese society, between NGOs and Public authorities
– Promotion of accountability and political participation through the inclusion of vulnerable and discriminated groups
– Advocacy with authorities to institutionnalise formal dialogue platforms, supervision and scrutiny mechanisms of elections by implicating OSCs