Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Enhancing CSOs’ Contribution to Governance and Development Process in Sri Lanka – 2020
Funds for: enhancing of democracy and human rights in Sri Lanka and enabling and enhance Civil Society Organizations’ engagement as an efficient actor of governance and development process in Sri Lanka
Priorities and funded actions:
* Lot 1- EIDHR CBSS 2019/2020 – Democracy and Human Rights
– To enhance of democracy and human rights in Sri Lanka;
– To preserve the acquis and further promote and protect Freedom of Expression (FoE) in Sri Lanka, with a specific focus on Media Freedom and Development
* Lot 2 – CSO-LA 2019/2020 – Enhancing the role of civil society organizations as actors of governance and development in Sri Lanka
– To enable and enhance Civil Society Organizations’ engagement as an efficient actor of governance and development process in Sri Lanka;
– To increase the participation of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) in tackling climate change and mitigating its adverse effects in Sri-Lanka
* Lot 1
– Protection of journalists and activists against harassment, intimidation and violence (including digital safety/data protection and fight against impunity in case of abuses/rights’ violations);
– Monitoring/advocacy on legal developments and policy reforms related to FoE, right to information and media;
– Fight against hate speech, fake news and disinformation
– Improve quality of journalism, including support to the professionalization of journalists, ethics/code; of conducts and self-regulation, support to investigative journalism as well as overall media education and digital literacy;
– Support innovation in journalism/media, including disruptive digital journalism, digital start-ups and citizen/civic tech initiatives;
– Promotion of media pluralism and independence, multilinguism as well as human rights, democratic values and gender equality through the media are key cross-cutting dimensions for this lot
* Lot 2
– Circular economy
– Sustainable waste management
– Protection/preservation of biodiversity and fragile ecosystems (coastal, forests, wetlands…)
Among financed actions
* Networks-building/partnerships/dialogue with different authorities/other stakeholders at local, sub-regional, national and regional/international level;
* Awareness-raising campaigns and/or lobbying activities for informing public opinion and key decision makers in the areas of the objectives and priorities identified in this Call for Proposals; Data collection, analytical or research work in support of lobbying, advocacy and legal reforms;
* Monitoring, oversight and watchdog activities;
* Lessons/experiences-sharing, study tours; Capacity building for mobilisation of the targeted groups and local organizations, including building of networks for dissemination of information;
* Organising community consultations and surveys to identify the needs of the local population;
* Support to community-based local actions/initiatives;
* On-the-job training and mentoring for local organizations to help them perform their role as independent development actor
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals;
– LOT 1:
> Be a legal person;
> Be non-profit-making;
> Be a civil society organisation, including non-governmental non-profit organisations and independent political foundations, community-based organisations and private-sector non-profit agencies, institutions, organisations and networks thereof at local, national, regional and international level;
be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
– Lot 2:
> Be a legal person;
> Be non-profit-making;
> Be a Civil Society Organisation;
> Be established in Sri Lanka;
> Be established in the EU Member States;
> Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
* Actions must take place in Sri Lanka, for Lot 2, it is encouraged to propose actions which also include the Maldives.