Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, SMEs, Universities
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objectives are to specifically strengthen the role of Palestinian civil society (CS) in the promotion and monitoring of human rights to increase the ownership of the local NGOs and support their own initiatives as to build their project management capacities as well as their capacities in promoting human rights and democracy and to support civil society organizations’ initiatives to promote the effective reporting and implementation of international treaties, agreements, instruments and conventions to which Palestine has acceded in 2014 including inclusive capacity building initiatives.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Ensure respect for the following human rights fundamental freedoms: Freedoms of Association/Assembly and expression;
– Promote and protect the rights of vulnerable groups (in particular children, women victims of violence, disabled and the elderly) and the principle of non-discrimination;
– Promote respect for international human rights and humanitarian law (IHL) through observance, monitoring and advocacy actions;
– Fight against torture and other forms of ill-treatment (prevention, rehabilitation, accountability and mobilization of public support against torture);
– Promote coordinated effective monitoring, reporting, knowledge management and implementation of international treaties, agreements, instruments and conventions to which Palestine has acceded, including inclusive capacity building initiatives.