Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa – Carribean – Pacific : Equatorial Guinea
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to develop and strengthen democracy in third countries, by promoting representative and participatory democracy as well as the democratic cycle as a whole.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To provide direct support to civil society organizations and human rights defenders to strengthen their role in promoting human rights and democratic reforms
– Promoting freedom of expression and association
– Fighting against arbitrary and illegal detentions, and improving conditions of dentention in prisons
– Promoting human rights and protection of human rights defenders
Among financed actions
– Monitoring activities
– Activities aiming at building the advocacy capacity of civil society and human rights defenders
– Networking activities
– Support to the development of spaces for democratic debate
– Professional and ethical training of human rights defenders and journalists