Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Latin America
Category: Call for Proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights – Brazil – 2020
Funds for: supporting civil society in its actions to defend human rights and fundamental freedoms and human rights defenders in Brazil
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support civil society in its actions to defend human rights and fundamental freedoms and human rights defenders in Brazil.
* To support civil society and human rights defenders and advocates for the defence, promotion and protection of human rights in the following key areas.
* LOT 1 – Indigenous Peoples
– The actions to be programmed in this Lot will be oriented towards confronting the violence and violations that selectively affect indigenous peoples, which leads to the need to support civil society actions for their protection;
– Strengthening the capacity of indigenous peoples to guarantee and exercise their constitutional rights;
– Support for the protection, security and territorial integrity of Indigenous Lands;
– Monitoring the situation of implementation of policies, plans, projects and public actions on the human rights of indigenous peoples and promotion of complaints of violations of their rights in national and international protection bodies
* LOT 2 – Human Rights Defenders and Advocates
– Specific Objective: The actions to be programmed in this Lot will be oriented to support human rights defenders and advocates and civil society organizations working on issues associated with human rights violations and attacks against fundamental freedoms, with special attention to human rights defenders and advocates;
Actions to be proposed should respond to the specific objective of the Lot and focus on at least one of the following priorities:
– Strengthening the protection capacities of human rights defenders and organisations to which they belong or which work to protect human rights defenders;
– Development of strategies, procedures and instruments, qualification of protection and self-protection networks, mutual support and construction of articulated alternatives for the protection and self-protection of human rights defenders;
– Monitoring the situation of implementation of policies, plans, projects and public actions for human rights defenders and advocates, and working with national and international organizations for the protection of human rights defenders
Among Financed actions
* LOT 1 Indigenous Peoples
– Legal support to contribute to the defense and protection of indigenous rights;
– Promotion of spaces for articulation and action among indigenous peoples;
– Broadening dialogue and support for indigenous peoples’ rights defenders;
– Contributions to the preparation and use of Consultation Protocols;
– Guaranteeing the presence of indigenous peoples in spaces of representation, dialogue and public policy proposals;
– Organizational and institutional strengthening of indigenous organizations, aiming at their autonomy. – support for national and international strategic litigation
LOT 2 Human rights defenders and defenders
– Promoting networking, coordination and cooperation at all levels to overcome the isolation of human rights defenders;
– Organizational and institutional strengthening of human rights organizations for the formulation and strategic and collaborative management of human rights defenders’ organizations;
– Strengthening of self-protection with the development of strategies, procedures and instruments.
– Qualification of self-protection networks, mutual support and construction of articulated alternatives for the protection and self-protection of human rights defenders;
– Providing assistance and direct support
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals
* Initial duration of the action: between 36 and 60 months
– Be a legal person or an entity without legal personality or a natural person;
– Be non-profit-making and;
– Be a civil society organisation and have at least 4 years’ experience in the topic to be addressed by the proposal and
– Be directly responsible, together with their parent(s) and affiliate(s), for the preparation and management of the action and not act as intermediaries;
– There is no restriction on the nationality of the applicant or, where applicable, of the applicant or affiliated entity(ies). However, non-Brazilian civil society organizations must have at least one Brazilian civil society organization as a broker
– Actions must take place in Brazil