Sectors: Gender equality, Health, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs
Regions: Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights Call for proposals in Uruguay – 2020
Funds for: strengthening the role of civil society in the promotion, protection and respect of human rights in Uruguay
Priorities and funded actions:
* To contribute to the prevention and fight against gender-based violence
* To develop actions in favour of the right to the protection of mental health and which are aimed at promotion, prevention, treatment and rehabilitation, and which allow the creation of the necessary conditions for the exercise of the right to a dignified life for all persons and particularly for those with mental disorders
* Ensuring services for the prevention and care of victims of gender-based violence (GBV);
* Developing benefits that contribute to the empowerment of GBV victims and the realization of their social, economic and cultural rights
Amongst financed actions
* Information and awareness-raising campaigns for citizens or other specific target groups on combating gender-based violence and protecting mental health;
* Actions designed and implemented by CSOs or their networks for the promotion of economic and social inclusion of the target groups of this call;
* Training and technical assistance to facilitate access to employment for vulnerable groups, in particular victims of gender-based violence and people with mental disorders;
* Actions in favour of the organisational strengthening of CSOs and their networks working on these issues (but not exclusively);
* Development/Strengthening of observatories;
* Services/mechanisms of care or support for victims of gender violence;
* Training workshops to improve institutional and/or operational capacities of CSOs and their networks for planning, participation, accountability, sustainability;
* Actions that promote gender and inclusive education;
* Organization of meeting spaces for CSOs and CSO networks, and other relevant public and private actors for reflection, cooperation, articulation of common positions, the formulation of proposals, monitoring of the implementation of public policies on issues relevant to this call;
* Studies, research work to generate inputs for debate and formulation of advocacy proposals on public policies relevant to the issues of the call, etc.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Duration of the action: between 36 and 48 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be not for profit;
– Be a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO);
– Be directly responsible, with their co-applicants and other affiliated entities, for the preparation and management of the action and not simply act as an intermediary;
– Public bodies such as Ministries, Departmental or Municipal Governments, or International Organizations are not eligible as applicants or co-applicants, but may participate as partners
* The action must take place in Uruguay