Sectors: Education - Training, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective is to promote and protect the rights of Women and children in the West Nile and Karamoja sub-regions for them to enjoy peace, security and justice.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To pursue common agendas for the protection of the rights of women and children affected by violent conflict in the West Nile and Karamoja sub-regions;
– To build consensus on policies that promote peace, security and transitional justice in the West Nile and Karamoja sub-regions
– Local organisations as lead applicants in order to promote ownership and local leadership;
– Activities including social-cultural approaches to conflict resolution / transitional justice
Among financed actions
– To contribute to the sensitization of national and international public opinion about promoting and defending women and children’s rights with a view to breaking the isolation and social exclusion they often endure in conflict situations ;
– To support the right to non-discrimination based on any ground such as ethnicity, gender, social origin, political or any other opinion, disability, sexual orientation or age ;
– To establish and enforce a peace, security and transitional conflict framework specifically targeting women and children