Sectors: Co-op & Development, Gender equality, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* No nationality restriction applies to applicants and, if any, to co-applicants and affiliated entities.
* Priority will be given to Israeli applicants.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR-CBSS) ISRAEL 2020
Funds for: contributing to the promotion and protection of human rights in Israel in line with international and domestic standards and obligations and to the upholding of democratic principles.
Priorities and funded actions:
* To support Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) rights, Human Rights Defenders and their organisations working in areas where LGBTI persons are most at risk of discrimination.
* To support democracy and protection of fundamental freedoms by leveraging digital technologies.
* Reinforcing respect for international humanitarian law (IHL) and human rights in the territories occupied by Israel, in particular by enhancing accountability of duty bearers.
Rights-based approach and clear identification of the national and international legal basis around which the proposals have been developed. Each selected proposal will have to report against relevant quantitative and qualitative indicators.
Among financed actions
* training, education, seminars, workshops, conferences, advocacy and lobbying, legal work, capacity building (including on security environment for human rights workers), awareness raising activities, empowerment, elaboration of publications and of written and visual support material, meetings, monitoring and reporting, activities of coordination and outreach, evaluation
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated.
* Initial duration of the action : between 18 and 36 months
* Eligibility :
– Be a legal person
– Be non-profit-making
– Be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
– The following entities are only eligible as co-applicants : public sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local and national level; national and local representative bodies, including parliamentary and municipal councils; international and regional inter-governmental organisations.