Sectors: Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP: Papua New Guinea
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society and human rights defenders in their works in Papua New Guinea (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation so as to contribute to the development and consolidation of democracy, the rule of law and respect for all fundamental rights and freedoms.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to strengthen the institutional capacity of community justice system
– to build the capacity of human rights institutions
– to support the rights of children or women to have access to support services
– to strengthen efforts to make parliament more accessible to citizens
– to support initiatives that promote policy dialogue among human right actors
Among financed actions
– Activities aimed at building the capacity of the court system
– Activities that support child friendly centres, children’s advocacy and a campaign to end all forms of violence against children
– Activities that support efforts to promote transparency and accountability among elected representatives