Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Information, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Federations Unions, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support human rights and human rights defenders in situations where they are most at risk, priorities of the European Union in the field of human rights and democracy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support and protect human rights and their defenders by reinforcing their capacities to do their work in the short and long-term as well as providing tangible support and means of action to local civil society in the promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms
– To support human dignity, economic, social and cultural rights, the fight against impunity, the fight against discrimination in all its forms, women’s rights and gender equality
– To support all aspects of democratisation
– Consolidation of political participation and representation
– Pro-democracy advocacy
Among financed actions
– Capacity building activities for civil society organisations on advocacy, lobbying, litigation, researching, monitoring, documenting and reporting
– Activities to mobilise and empower underrepresented and/or vulnerable groups
– Organisation of discussion fora to improve dialogue and networking between civil society
organisations, media and decision-makers
– Joint activities with public institutions and parliamentary bodies
– Drafting of policy or legislation recommendations
– Training, capacity-building and technical support on IT skills, digital security