Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Universities
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of the call is to contribute, through supporting civil society organisations, to the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms and to contribute to the strengthening of the international framework for the promotion and protection of human rights, justice and the Rule of Law.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) organisations working at grassroots level
– To contribute to the monitoring and the effective implementation of the specific international core conventions ratified by GSP+ beneficiary countries in the EU Generalised Scheme of Preferences + (GSP+) context
– To support the fight against the death penalty
– To support migrants, including asylum seekers in third countries, internally displaced persons and stateless persons
– To support children associated with armed forces, groups and gangs and impacted by armed violence
– Proposing innovative approaches or methodologies
– Focusing on the needs and challenges faced by the targeted groups living outside the capitals and in remote areas
– Encouraging the constitution of networks of local organizations and implementing actors and building their capacities, including at the regional level when relevant
– Applicant and co-applicants working directly with or for children
Among financed actions
– Training and awareness-building on human rights and international law standards
– Advocacy, lobbying and development of strategies to counter restrictions and sanctions imposed on human rights defenders by states
– Monitoring, collection of data and research-based advocacy
– Awareness raising campaigns on the rights and status of stateless persons and migrants
– Prevention strategies, awareness-raising, sensitization and advocacy against the recruitment and use of children by armed forces, groups and gangs