Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Central America, European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Central America: Guatemala
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support civil society and human rights defenders, human rights being understood as political, civil, economic, social and cultural rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To protect human rights defenders
– To build the capacity of civil society
Among financed actions
– Trainig and skills enhancement with regards to advocacy efforts, lobyying activities, litigations, reasearch, control
– Seminars, exchange of experiences, creation of national and regional alliances to promote mecanisms aiming at strengthening the role of civil society organizations in promoting human rights
– Measures accompanying reforms, approval and implementation of the legal framework in favor of human rights
– Training and capacity-building of social networks, public operators and political leaders
– Control and systematization of the social audit process
– Strategic analysis of political information systems
– Opinion surveys
– Information and awareness-raising campaigns