Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The overall objectives of this call are to support, develop and consolidate democracy in third countries by strengthening participatory and representative democracy by consolidating the democratic cycle as a whole, in particular by strengthening the active role played by civil society within this cycle, as well as the rule of law, and by improving the reliability of electoral processes, particularly through EU electoral observation missions; and to strengthen respect of human rights and fundamental freedoms, as proclaimed in the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international and regional human rights instruments, and to strengthen their protection, promotion, implementation and monitoring, mainly through support to relevant civil society organizations, human rights defenders and victims of repression or abuse.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To provide direct support to civil society organizations in order to consolidate and strengthen their role and strategies in promoting human rights and the democratic process.
– Protection and promotion of the rights and place of women in society;
– Protection and promotion of civil and political rights.
Among financed actions
– Advocacy, training and monitoring activities for a specific target group (eg monitoring of the implementation of public policies, advocacy for target group support, awareness raising, training of target groups or training of trainers);
– Ad hoc or regular information and sensitization of the general public / or target audiences of decision-makers and members of public institutions (national or local), information campaigns;
– Advocacy actions to adapt the legal and regulatory framework;
– Networking, identification and exchange of best practices;
– Training and technical assistance for grassroots or national organizations of Malian civil society.