Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen access to justice and attention for the most vulnerable citizens in Liberia.
Priorities and funded actions:
– to support initiatives to enhance access to justice for the most vulnerable groups
– to support initiatives aimed at reducing Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) and assistance to victims
– Enhance citizen’s access to legal redress, with a particular focus on people under detention in Liberia
– Eliminate of all forms of violence against girls and women and of gender-based violence
Among financed actions
– Capacity building for judicial and security sectors to provide services in line with the Rights-Based Approach encompassing all human rights
– Dialogue and cohesion building between citizens and judicial and security sectors
– Monitoring and reporting on the rights on the situation in prisons and centers of detention
– Education, dialogue and advocacy actions on the reduction of SGBV
– Actions aimed at the elimination of Harmful Traditional Practices