Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Latin America
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role of civil society in the promotion of human rights and democratic reforms, in promoting the peaceful reconciliation of the interests of different groups and in expanding political participation and representation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To focus on public policies on protection of human rights defenders and journalists at risk, at the federal level and especially at the state level;
– To influence public policies at the federal and state levels in order to generate legislation and mechanisms for prevention, care for family members, investigation of cases of disappearance and forced disappearance of persons;
– To influence public policies in the prevention, eradication and punishment of torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment or punishment;
– To focus on public policies on overcoming impunity at the federal level and state;
– To influence public policies related to the protection of the human rights of migrants at the local, state and federal level;
– To encourage and initiate demonstration experiences of public policies of social cohesion based on the protection and exercise of social, economic, cultural and environmental rights (DESCA) at local, state and federal level
Among financed actions
– Create opportunities for dialogue with authorities responsible for the protection of human rights defenders and journalists at the federal, state and local levels;
– Training for federal, state and local authorities on the value of the work of human rights defenders and journalists in strengthening democracy;
– Safety and protection training, including the provision of adequate equipment and equipment, as well as any other preventive activities