Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Local development, Social Affairs
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objectives of this call are to support to human rights and human rights defenders in situations where they are most at risk, to support to other priorities of the Union in the field of human rights and to support to democracy.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Support to human rights defenders in their fight against extra-judicial killings and enforced disappearance;
– Protection of journalists and promotion of freedom of the press;
– Prevention and eradication of torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment or punishment.
Among financed actions
– Human rights and democracy awareness raising towards concrete policy changes or improved claim-making (claiming or exercising rights and freedoms) by rights-holders that are poor, socially-excluded and vulnerable, including independent media initiatives for better public accountability;
– Public events or forum that bring together various stakeholders for constructive discussion of human rights issues;
– Exercise of people’s freedom of association and assembly within the bounds of law;
– Legal, medical and psychological counselling and other direct forms of support such as relocation/sanctuary to local human rights defenders or victims of human rights violations;