Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Youth
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Schools
Regions: European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is strengthening local and national child protection systems to protect children from violence, exploitation, abuse and neglect.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To promote child rights for the most vulnerable children and to enhance child participation in the implementation of their rights;
– To close the gap between legislation and practice in the areas of juvenile justice.
– Advocacy for the effective enforcement of child rights protection mechanisms that seek to protect the most vulnerable children, and create public awareness of the challenges facing these children;
– Ensure protection and rights of children in conflict with the law.
Among financed actions
– Promoting concerted advocacy efforts for the effective enforcement of laws that seek to protect child rights;
– Advocacy for child rights that will ensure sustained commitment from all role-players and stakeholders including civil society and the general public as well as the children themselves;
– Actions to promote children’s rights, including through actions aiming at prompting the implementation of the existing legislations and pushing for further legislative change to promote children’s rights by means of civil society initiatives and dialogue with other stakeholders;
– Actions to promote and strengthen policy dialogue on child rights;