Sectors: Education - Training, Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Civil Society Organisations, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Promoting human rights in prisons and small-scale artisanal mines in Burkina Faso – 2020
Funds for: promoting the human rights of prisoners through the improvement of prison conditions and those of the populations directly and indirectly involved in small-scale artisanal mining
Priorities and funded actions:
* Improving the rights of prisoners through legal and judicial assistance and social reintegration ;
* Promote the human rights and fundamental freedoms of the population living and/or working in traditional gold panning sites or artisanal small-scale mining (MAPE) by strengthening their access to human, social and economic rights and contribute to the regulation of the artisanal mining sector through an integrated approach with all stakeholders
Among financed actions
* Objective 1:
– Reintegration and vocational training measures shall be organised and implemented;
– Legal and judicial advice to detainees is organised and implemented;
– The steering, monitoring and follow-up of respect for fundamental rights in prisons and places of detention in Burkina Faso are carried out by all stakeholders at the local and national levels
* Objective 2:
– Integrated human rights protection systems are strengthened and replicated in Burkina Faso’s MAPE;
– The steering, monitoring and follow-up of the human rights situation in the MAPE in Burkina Faso are ensured by all stakeholders at the local and national levels;
– Regulatory processes between the MAPE, village communities and communes are put in place and contribute to improving local governance of the artisanal mining sector
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In the first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
– Be a legal entity;
– Be non-profit making;
– Being a non-governmental organization;
– Be established in Burkina Faso and/or in an eligible third country;
– Have an official representation in Burkina Faso with staff involved for a period of more than 2 years in activities in the area of the lot for which the proposal has been submitted
* The action must take place in Burkina Faso.