Sectors: Citizenship, Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
ACP : Republic of the Congo
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to reinforce human rights protection and to promote good governance and democracy by congolese CSO, as well as accompanying the creation of an environment conducive to citizen participation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support promotion and defence of participatory and representative democracy, including parliamentary democracy, as well as democratisation process in the Republic of Congo
– To encourage active civic participation and dialogue for democracy and peace through promotion of an open and tolerant environment, based of freedom of expression and free access to information
– To support respect for the rights of minorities and vulnerable groups, including indigenous people
– Actions aiming to promote civic and citizenship education, improvement of democratic governance through domestic election observation, informing citizens on electoral process, as well as consolidation of CSO capacities in these fields
– Actions contributing to respect of freedom of expression, strengthening of free access to information, and efforts to professionalisation of the Media
– Actions aiming to promote and protect minority and vulnerable groups rights and democratisation, in accordance with conclusions and recommendations of Universal Periodic Review
Among financed actions
– Activities for strengthening of civil society platforms, thematic networks and coalitions, including strengthening of mechanism of information sharing and promotion of CSO community cohesion
– Joint activities with public institutions and parliamentary body
– Activities for institutionalisation of consultation mechanism between civil society and national or local public institutions, as well as donors
– Activities of systematic reporting, collection and analyses of data and advocacy based on research
– Awareness-raising and disclosure campaigns