Sectors: Co-op & Development, Education - Training, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Social Affairs, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Training centres
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society initiatives to foster citizen engagement and participation, especially of women and young people, and to strengthen public confidence in the electoral process in Madagascar.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen citizen participation (especially women and youth) and access to information through education and awareness of the electoral process (LOT 1);
– To strengthen the transparency and accountability of the electoral process (LOT 2)
– Strengthen the capacities of the media to play their full role in raising awareness about the electoral process and access to information;
– Support civil organizations and raise public awareness;
– Strengthen the role of civil society watchdog/watch dog in the specific context of the elections
Among the actions financed
– Mentoring / knowledge transfer or ‘coaching’; Advocacy, research and collection of targeted information;
– Awareness-raising, civic education and media education activities;
– Workshops, trainings, awareness-raising activities and empowerment of the various stakeholders