Sectors: Co-op & Development, Gender equality, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Information, Justice - Security, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Civil Society Organisations, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
* Actions are expected to take place mostly in mainland China
* Activities of the action may take place, as necessary to achieve the objectives of the action, in other parts of China (not mainland) or other countries, noting however that the final beneficiaries of the actions supported under this programme are the citizens and communities living in mainland China.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
EIDHR – Support to civil society actors in China to strengthening of the rule of law and the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms – 2020
Funds for: supporting the strengthening of the rule of law in China and the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms through support to civil society actors.
Priorities and funded actions:
* Legal and judicial reform: In support of the country’s efforts that facilitate establishing such legal norms that are in line with internationally accepted legal standards and practices.
* Access to justice for vulnerable groups: In support to China’s emphasis on strengthening social justice and on universally establishing legal advice systems.
* Human rights promotion: This priority aims at sustaining promotion of rights defence. This will enable support to human rights and human rights defenders most at risk, uphold human dignity and fight discrimination.
Among financed actions
* Including but not limited to:
– Training and capacity development
– Development of teaching and training materials, curricula, support for other teaching inputs, development of best practice manuals, etc
– Collection of data and research-based advocacy
– Collection of data and production of studies
– Provision of legal aid
– Study visits
– Conferences, workshops, seminars, roundtables, etc
– Activities for strengthening information sharing
– Direct support / re-granting (financial support to third parties, as per below)
– Counselling, provide social protection, legal aid for vulnerable victims of abuse or in conflict with the law due to human rights promotion.
* This call for proposals is a restricted call for proposals. In first instance, only concept notes will be evaluated
* Initial duration of the action: between 24 and 36 months
In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
-be a legal person and
-be non-profit-making and
-be Civil Society Organisations or
-be a public sector non-profit agencies, institutions and organisations and networks at local, national, regional, and international level or
– be international (inter-governmental) organisations; and
– be established in any countries with no geographical requirements; and
– be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.