Sectors: Human Rights, Information, Local development, Youth
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, Developing countries, European Economic Area, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support initiatives that contribute to a violent free, transparent and credible general elections in 2016.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To build the knowledge and skills of citizens at large and particularly women and youth networks in conflict mediation, negotiations and dialogue to increase their level of participation in resolving electoral disputes and peace building efforts
– Better understanding and participation by Ghanaian citizens of democratic processes and especially their roles and responsibilities in the election process
Among financed actions
– Provide support for the coordination and harmonization of peace initiatives in Ghana through the
creation of mechanisms for joint action, such as planning, peace interventions and monitoring
– Engaging political parties to promote a more peaceful and constructive attitude especially of youth
groups during elections
– Development and implementation of civic and voter education programs in Ghana