Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is: to support the strengthening of the rule of law in China and the promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms through support to civil society actors.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To strengthen the rule of law in China: to support the further development of a legal and judicial system which safeguards human rights and fundamental freedoms in China;
– To promote and protect human rights and fundamental freedoms: to support independent civil society’s efforts to protect and promote human rights in China, as guaranteed by Chinese law and by obligations under international law
– Legal and judicial reform;
– Access to justice for vulnerable groups;
– Activism for rights defence;
– Support to a locally owned human rights agenda in the field of the justice sector and rights defence
Among financed actions
– Financial support to third parties (Chinese civil society);
– Capacity building (judiciary and legislative norms);
– Awarness raising