Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The general objective of the present call for proposals is to promote and protect human rights and freedoms of the population living and/or working on traditional gold mining sites by strengthening their access to human, social and economic rights.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Operational implementation of human rights protection integrated systems on traditional gold mining sites in Burkina Faso;
– Implementation of evaluation and monitoring mechanisms of human rights on traditional gold mining sites in Burkina Faso.
LOT 1 : Protection of human rights on gold mining site
– Make operational a human rights protection integrated scheme and care for at-risk individuals on the traditional gold mining sites.
LOT 2 : Evaluation and monitoring of the human rights situation on gold mining sites.
– Follow, document, actualise, disseminate, and capitalise on the human rights situation on traditional gold mining sites.
– integrated and coherent approach to tackle one or more of the issues mentionned in the call at local and/or national level with the collabopration of competent authorities;
– Systematically take into account and define clearly in the problem to be solved in the methodology, issues of gender equality, rights of children, disabled people rights, minority rights.
– Actions that denote a good knowledge of national policies on human rights protection and preogrammes on the prevention and removal of children from the gold mining sites that create synergies and take State actions into account.
Among financed actions
LOT 1 :
– Implementing referencing integrated schemes for victims of human rights violations : social reinsertion, legal protection, professional and educational reinsertion, information activities, awareness raising and advocacy for the promotion of fundamental rights on gold mining sites.
– Care taking and strengthening of the social protection of populations on traditional gold mining sites.
– Care taking and strengthening of economic and social rights : support to the implementation of economic and social projects in favour of families, women and vulnerable persons, support to the educational and professional reinsertion for children and youth not scholarised, living or working on traditional gold mining sites.
LOT 2 :
– Collection of data to permit to quantify and qualify the phenomenon and follow it on a regular basis all along the duration of the action;
– Elaborate an up to date map of traditional gold mining sites (national inventory including new sites);
– Monitoring activities of migrations between gold mining sites;