Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Humanitarian, Justice - Security, Local development, Public Management, Town planning
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Schools, Universities
Regions: Balkans, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support and promote democracy and human rights, supporting actions that will contribute towards development and consolidation of democracy and rule of law, respect for all human rights and fundamental freedoms, within the framework of the Community’s policy on development cooperation, and economic, financial and technical cooperation with third countries, and consistent with the EU’s foreign policy as a whole.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To support civil society organisations in their actions promoting and defending of human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), as well as in the further democratisation of the society
– To address divisive political culture, build trust and inclusive democratic society;
– To improve access to justice to most vulnerable people of society in line with the 2030 Agenda “leave no one behind” approach;
– To address issues as listed in the EU Strategic Framework and Action Plan on Human Rights and Democracy (2015-2019) that are relevant for the country (LGBTI, anti-discrimination, economic and social rights);
– To prevent/counter violent extremism
Among financed actions
– capacity building;
– awarness raising activities