Sectors: Co-op & Development, Human Rights, Local development, Public Management
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Development NGOs, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations
Regions: European Union, Worldwide
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to support civil society, democracy activists and human rights defenders in third countries in working on Human rights (political, civil, economic, social and cultural), and democratisation.
Priorities and funded actions:
– To increase non-discriminatory access for people with disabilities to health, education, social, justice, and other essential services; enable the implementation of the Persons with Disabilities Act and the National Policy on Disability, as well as the enactment and implementation of the new Mental Health Bill;
– To reduce levels of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity in access to basic services and access to justice;
– To reduce levels of discrimination and stigma based on HIV status and other illness in access to basic services, in particular to health care service.
Among financed activities
– Income-generating and community empowerment activities for people with mental or physical handicap to break the cycle of poverty and discrimination;
– Supporting legal, health and education programmes to marginalised groups;
– Provision of basic services and legal assistance to victims of discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.