Sectors: Citizenship, Human Rights, Justice - Security
Beneficiaries: Development NGOs, International Organisation, Non-profit organisations, Research centres
Regions: Asia, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This call for proposals aims to support to Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) when they are most at risk and to support the most vulnerable group of women and children in precarious situations or in conflict with the law.
Priorities and funded actions:
– Professionalization of the protection mechanism.
– The establishment of a basket fund to support coordinated action on the protection of HRDs in Afghanistan.
– The gradual development of real support measures both before and after the threat against the life of an HRD occurs
– Support to the most vulnerable group of women and children in precarious situations or in conflict with the law
– Build up capacity for processing cases through the establishment of a case management system
– Provide the HRD Committee with adequate support through the establishment of a secretariat
– Streamlining the decentralised structures of the protection mechanism through the establishment of provincial HRD networks in not more than 3 provinces
– Develop and record procedures for safe communication as well as the processing of cases at provincial and central level.
– Ensure the concept of a basket fund is carried by a nationwide coalition on the protection of HRDs in Afghanistan
– Ensure the basket fund is actively used as a coordination mechanism and to pool funds for actions on the protection of HRDs in Afghanistan
– An early depletion of the funds collected should be avoided by clear procedures for disbursement of funds and by adequate financial control mechanisms
– Prioritization of actions that can be developed and implemented within a short time frame.
– Developing concepts and detailed budgeting for measures that are beyond the financial means of this call, but could be taken up under upcoming initiatives or with the basket fund under specific objective 1.2.
Among financed activities
– monitoring and researching
– design and delivery of training on topics related to the objectives of this call (and production of relevant training materials and activities to ensure replicability)
– advocacy and policy dialogue
– creation of knowledge management and outreach tools and dissemination within target communities engagement of local or national authorities or public bodies in discussions with relevant communities through conferences, seminars, focus group discussions, engagement of disaffected and or discriminated groups in community development