Sectors: Human Rights
Beneficiaries: Administrations States, Agencies Chambers, Development NGOs, International Organisation, Local and Regional authorities, Non-profit organisations, Research centres, Training centres, Universities
Regions: Africa-Carribean-Pacific, European Union
Category: Call for proposals
References:To view this information, please connect.
Additional info regions:
Africa: African Union
Amount:To view this information, please connect.
Responsible: European Commission
Useful:To view this information, please connect.
Contact:To view this information, please connect.
Advice:To view this information, please connect.
This Call for Proposals aims to to support the efforts of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights (ACHPR) to promote, respect and observance of human rights by African States.
Priorities and funded actions:
* This call is divided into three LOTS
– To enhance the work of some of the ACHPR’s special mechanisms including the Special Rapporteur for human rights defenders; the Special Rapporteur on Women’s Rights; the Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Expression and Access to Information; and the Working Group on the Abolition of the Death Penalty
Among financed actions
– To support to the elaboration, implementation, monitoring of action plans of the special mechanisms of the ACHPR
– Monitoring of specific human rights, including through fact finding missions
– Advocacy missions to promote the ratification and domestication of African Human Rights instruments
– Investigation of individual cases of human rights violations falling under one of the thematic areas of work